Monday, November 10, 2008

A Jolly Addition

Yesterday I hit up one of my favorite craft stores, Michaels. They are having a great sale on most of their Christmas items so of course I had to go scouting so I can plan my Christmas decorating conquests.

I could have spent literally hours there going through each section, but I came away with a few great finds for stocking stuffers and a lot of great ideas. First decision to be made is how I want to decorate my second tree. This is the first year that we (and by 'we', I mean 'me') get to have a 'decorative' tree in addition to our family tree. I am torn between a white and gold tree (a la the Langer family tradition) or a cute red, white and green tree (because I saw so much cute red, white and green stuff yesterday). I can't decide if I want it to be breathtaking or smile-making. Have to give that one a little more thought.

And although I am technically still not allowed to begin my holiday decorating (you should have heard Nate's sigh when he saw the Christmas CD's in my car on Saturday!) I did pick up one thing that I just couldn't resist leaving out. This super cute wooden Santa countdown was $24.99 but with my 50% off coupon, I scored him for $12.50! I put him next to the front door and he looks adorable. You should have seen the puppies going nuts over this little man. They are not too sure about old Santa.


A few other items on my Christmas decorating wish list....

An outdoor Christmas tree for the front porch. Something like this:


or maybe like this.


I am definitely in love with this wreath from Pier One, but not the $80 price tag. You can't really tell in the picture, but each berry is covered in sparkles that make the whole wreath glitter every time you move. Going to have to wait for a really good sale before I can justify this one.


I am also on the hunt for a mistletoe kissing ball to hang in the living room or dining room.


And finally, these amazing candle holders, which have zero to do with Christmas but have totally caught my attention (also at Pier One). It's hard to tell in the pic but they are 3.5 and 4 ft tall. I think they would look amazing in the foyer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All cute things. I'm gonna have to invest in one of those mistle toe balls. I have the perfect place for it. Right by the front door so that when Jude Law comes over we can re-enact a scene from The Holiday. You know...whatever.

Katie said...

They have kissing balls at Linens and Things. And I love your little Santa. I couldn't find one for me at Michaels!! :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails