Friday, November 28, 2008

Good Luck and Trouble

My shopping adventures today went well; I got the two big gift items on my list (can't say what or for who!) and several other good deals that were just too good to pass up. I started at 4:30 with a trip to Fry's where I waited in the freezing cold for twenty minutes before the doors opened, but I snagged what I went for so it was well worth the temporary suffering.

Then off to Target for another twenty minute wait in the cold. This wait was a little more pleasant because they had live Christmas music and were handing out 'breakfast' boxes with Christmas cookies and mini-bagels. How great is that? This stop was also wildly successful as Katie and I shopped our way through our lists via cell phone (she lives in Florida).

A quick trip to Old Navy (more success in the form of several sweaters for Nate!) and I was home by 7:30am.

After a quick breakfast and some make up (I was looking rough on Round 1!), we headed out to the mall and Michael's. I scored some more ornaments for my new tree and wreaths to decorate the front windows, all for under $40 (yeah for sales plus coupons!).

The best buy of the day was this new coat that I picked up at Ann Taylor Loft. It was on sale plus a 20% off coupon, and they were flying off the rack like hot cakes. I am in love with the collar and despite my closet full of coats, I don't own anything in this color. When it's this cold outside, you can never have too many coat options, right?


Sadly, our shopping foray was cut short when Nate was locked out of the house and we had to go 'rescue' he and his dad. But it's probably lucky for my wallet because I was having some serious decorating envy at Pier One when we got the call!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love this coat! I will be so glad when I can get back into "normal" clothes....they just don't make too many cute maternity clothes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails