Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Have Arrived...Or Why I am a Blight on Humanity


And so has my Starbucks Gold card! I have been watching for it in the mail and it finally turned up just when I needed a little extra cheer in my day. The Gold card is the Starbucks version of a Black Amex. And the best part is that my membership fee was waived because of my Starbucks credit card. Sweet!

Cut to three hours later and I am in the check out line at Wal-mart....

____________________________________________________

Cashier (commenting on my purchase of Starbucks bottled Frappuccino): You know you could make this stuff at home for much cheaper.

Me (trying to be polite even if she isn't): Yeah, I do that sometimes but it never turns out quite as good as the real deal.

Cashier (when I hand over my Starbucks credit card): Oh. I guess you spend a lot of money there. You know people save hundreds of dollars a year by making coffee at home.

Me (As if this is any of your %@^! business): Yeah, I know it's overpriced but there's nothing else quite like it.

Cashier: Seems like a waste of money to me. You are what is wrong with the world.
_____________________________________________________

Seriously?! Did you just say that to me?

Apparently people like me (i.e. the ones who work hard to earn a paycheck and keep you employed at Wal-mart) are responsible for all the ills of the world. I'm sure that Starbucks somehow engineered the economic slump and the five-year war as part of their plot for world domination.

And who do they plan to steal the world away from? You guessed it - Wal-mart! Maybe, Ms. Know-it-All Wal-mart cashier, YOU are what is wrong with the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Seriously the cashier said that to you? Crraaazzzyyy.

God Rocks said...

Wal-Mart in general IS a blight on humanity. I'm sureMr. Sam did not intend that when he began the company. More of a case of something good gone completely wrong. Like Hal the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Hal was designed to aid and protect the humans, but Hal began to take himself too seriously... My experiences at Wal-Mart the last few year have been ENTIRELY negative!!! It didn't always be like that!!!

Katie said...

HAHAHAHA, I think I always said that to you as a kid---"you are what is wrong in my world"!!!
If only I'd known it was because of Starbucks!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG - Seriously, I don't know what I would have done in this situation. Wally World sucks, but this takes it to a while new level!

"Cookie" said...

your blog almost always makes me laugh!! did you flip her off as you were walking away?? :) that was too funny. your tree decorations look cute

Sara said...

I am ashamed to say that I was too stunned to even respond. I wish I'd had a witty response to that, but I was seriously so shocked I just kind of looked at her with my mouth open and walked away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails