Monday, October 13, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Much like the entire last week, the weekend flew by and I feel like I got very little accomplished.

Friday night we had small group at Ray and Renee's house. This was our second week and we have really enjoyed getting to know some more people from church and the neighborhood. Everyone is just so friendly and warm, we really enjoy the few hours we spend there every other Friday night.

On Saturday Nate over-seeded and fertilized the lawn. The backyard is growing nicely in most spots and by Sunday morning we could tell a definite difference from his all his hard work.

I spent the morning running errand for the house and picking up a wedding gift. I think I unpacked maybe a box and a half the entire day. By 1:30 it was time to get ready for Greg and Jess' wedding.

The wedding was in Greenfield, IN about a 45 minute drive from Indy. The wedding was beautiful, the food was great and it was fun to hang out with Nate's coworkers.

Nate and Shawn practice their best Heisman poses while waiting for the newlyweds to come out of the church.


The restaurant wasn't quite ready for us when we arrived at the reception, so the boys amused themselves with a Frisbee that Curtis helpfully provided from his trunk.


Poor Gil got filthy fishing the Frisbee out of the bushes.


Nate with his Roche colleagues. This is one crazy group; it's a wonder they get any work done.


And finally, us at the wedding.


There are a few more pics of the wedding posted on Flickr.

On Sunday, we went to church and then I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the apartment and bringing over the odds and ends that were left over there. Then a little grocery shopping and by the time I got home it was nearly 8 o'clock!

Hopefully this week will be a little more productive on the home front. I am ready to have the moving part done and just be able to enjoy the house instead!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Let me know if you find out where those black and white centerpieces came from. I love those too!

No baby updates yet, but the doctor seems to think my water may break before labor starts! With my luck, I'll be in church or at the grocery store when it happens:) John will post something when it finally makes an appearance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails