Friday, October 10, 2008

(A) Mission Accomplished

Today my boss let me finish up work at noon so that I could run some errands and get some things done around the house. I have been trying to take it easy at work all week without much success. My office is like a black hole that just sucks me in as soon as I sit down at my desk. Despite my best intentions, I haven't done a very good job of taking it easy on the work front this week.

Needless to say, I had big plans for this afternoon - several shopping errands for the house and then cleaning the apartment. We have a busy weekend and I wanted to knock a few things out early.

Thanks to the Office Depot delivery guy, I got nothing on my agenda accomplished. On Wednesday I ordered a printer stand for my monster work printer. It was scheduled for delivery between 8am and 5pm on Thursday. No problem because I'm home all day, right? Wrong. At noon yesterday I got an email from Office Depot Support saying the delivery guy is lost, can he please have a number at which to reach me. So I email back my cell number saying I can be reached at any time all day. Five o'clock rolls around and still no Office Depot delivery guy.

So this morning I give him a few hours to show up and finally email OD Support around 11:00am to say that I haven't heard anything from anyone regarding directions or my delivery. She emails back to say they attempted to delivery yesterday and no one was home. Excuse me?! How exactly did he manage to attempt delivery when he couldn't find the place? And I was home the entire day. The house is big, but there is no way my guard dogs would have let his delivery attempt pass me by.

I very politely inform her that I was home all day during the stated hours and the lost delivery man never called and never came, no where the heck is my stuff? Rest assured, it will be delivered today between noon and 5pm. Well, dang, those were my errand running hours. But I want my cart so I can finish arranging the office. So I wait...and wait...and wait. It is now 10:00pm and the guy never called and never showed. And my errands remain undone.

You better believe Office Depot will be getting an earful from me on Monday morning.

On the bright side, I did manage to use my five hours of free time wisely by arranging my closet. This is no small task by itself, but I also took the opportunity to get out my winter clothes, sort out consignment stuff and put away my summer clothes. It took nearly four hours but I am pretty satisfied with the end result. I still want to hang some more shelving in the closet but that is a project for WAY down the road.

Nate has finally managed to score some space in the master bedroom closet. Here is his corner:


He also gets about half of the left hand wall. The jeans are where my clothes start. And yes, those shoes are all mine (but not all of my shoes!).


Nate's first comment when he saw it was, 'Wow! You've got some space left over.' That sounds an awful lot like permission to go clothes shopping!


After working from home for over a year, I have quite a collection of track suits, tank tops and hoodies for around the house. That's what you see piled on the shelves there.



So I might not have accomplished what I had planned for today, but I certainly have a feeling of accomplishment at having the closet done. One project down, nine hundred more to go.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails