Sunday, May 3, 2009

I think I'll stick to marathon shopping

It was a big weekend around Wang Manor. We had friends visit for the weekend, Nate ran his first half marathon and I finally found a local dealer Starbucks to supply my crack rock espresso brownie obsession.

This weekend was Indy's big 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. It's the largest half marathon in the US with something like 35,000 runners. Who knew there were that many people that think it's actually fun to get up at the crack of dawn and run 13.1 miles?

Our friends Caleb and Lisa came up to hang out for the weekend and run the Mini. We were up bright and early at 5:00am to make sure we had everyone to their corrals by 7:30. True to form, we seriously over-estimated and were actually there by 6:30.


So what's a girl to do with four long hours on her hands? Fortunately for me, my favorite place is one of the few places open at such an ungodly Saturday morning hour. I kicked back at Starbucks with a caramel machiatto and a new book. The ten-block walk was totally worth it when I discovered espresso brownies in their pastry case! Like any good addict, I bought two.

It was perfect weather for the run (50's and cloudy) and I think all three of them had a good time.


I was very proud of Nate for running his first Mini!




5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Uh oh! I see he got a medal as well!! Go him and go you for getting up so early to support him!

Cole said...

Yay to the hubby for running his first half marathon!

What a supportive wife you are; getting up at the crack of dawn.

Bet the dealer...or, um... Starbucks location you found was well worth it!

Lisa Dyer said...

We had such a great time at the Carrington hotel--thanks for your hospitality! Oh, and speaking of crack brownies, I'm seriously craving one of those s'more brownies you made for us!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to him for surviving his first mini! I couldn't even imagine trying to actually run with all of those people there!

Helene said...

Congratulations to him!!! You must be so proud!!

You did the same thing I would've done....sat at Starbucks, sipping a caramel mocha and reading a good book! I've been wanting to get the new Jodi Picoult book but I'm still in the midst of Second Glance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails