Sunday, March 15, 2009

Because he's smooth like that....

Last weekend on the way to the airport, I told Nate he wouldn't have to bring me a souvenir from his trip if he'd just bring me a Starbucks espresso brownie from the airport. I am crazy for those things and they can only be found in airport Starbucks. I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I will take great pains to fly through Atlanta or Chicago just because I know I can my grubby little paws on one (or half a dozen, but who's counting?).

Nate does not understand my obsession and tries his best not to encourage my manic Starbucks habit so I had no illusions that I would actually get one.

We hadn't been home five minutes when I was already eyeing the gift bag he'd been carrying. I oh-so-casually asked if he'd brought me anything and could it perhaps be in that bag right there?

To which he grinned slyly and pulled out this...

WTH?

And then it hit me what it was....


Kinder Eggs! The world's (well, at least Germany's) greatest chocolate! When we traveled through Europe in college, I practically lived on Kinder Eggs, Twix and Sprite. The eggs are milk chocolate on the outside, white chocolate on the inside and when you break them open, there's a cute little toy inside. I had totally forgotten about these things, but Nate had remembered how much I loved them. Aw!

It was almost enough to make me forget about the espresso brownie that I didn't get....until he reached into his other bag and....TADA!!! One little square of chocolate and espresso heaven, just for me, all the way from Chicago.


Because he loves me like that....

7 comments:

angi_b72 said...

Welcome to SITS!! You will love this bloggy community!

"Cookie" said...

Can't help but love them can you?! When they do sweet, loving things like that....just melts your heart!

Carma Sez said...

How sweet (literally!) Wanted to come by to say hi and welcome to SITS. I know that you will enjoy this group of inspirational and supportive women bloggers :-)

carma

Nessa said...

Never tried the brownie (ill keep my eyes open!) but i love those kinders!!! ;)

Jennifer said...

What a good Hubby!

Julie said...

Never heard of Kinder Eggs...I must search for these now.
Dropping by to say welcome to the SITS community :)

Laura Kay said...

I sneak one in the bag every time we go grocery shopping (we currently live in the Netherlands)! I love having the surprises lined up in front of my computer - they make me smile :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails