Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just when you need it most

Sorry for my silence this week, I've just been feeling a little less than my normal sunny self. Lazy. Unmotivated. Blah.

Which is why I signed up for this today. Crazy? Yes. Necessary? Very.

I need something to get my rear in gear. I know once I get motivated and start seeing results, I will be able to continue on my own. Someone just has to give me a good swift kick in the pants.

___________________________________________

I also got some delightful awards this week - always guaranteed to make you feel all warm and gooey inside.
Mmmmm......warm and gooey....wonder if there's any cookie dough left in the fridge....

(See why boot camp is so very necessary?)

Sorry, where was I? Oh, yes - awards.


First, from the lovely Leah and the sassy KT, the Love Ya award. Leah is one of my oldest friends and we found each other again last year through the lovely world of Facebook. She is expecting her first baby in just a few weeks and has the cutest baby bump ever! KT is a girl after my own heart - she reads two or three books a week and is always game to share the book-love. If you don't already know these ladies, you are missing out!

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


I also received the Queen of All Things Awe-Sum award from the vivacious Valentine. V blogs with her sister about all kinds of randomness, including their love of all things vampire, the necessity of being grammatically correct and the origin of the phrase 'that took balls'. I mean, who doesn't want to know where that phrase came from?

My Queen Duties are as follows:
1. List 7 things that make me awe-summm.
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I think are awe-summm.

Seven things that make me awe-summm (this part is harder than you think!):
  • I've got mad organizational skills. All of my jewelry is kept in little clear plastic bags, sorted by color, and stored in craft cases according to type. (OCD, much?)
  • I'm a pretty cool big sister (in my own *ahem* humble opinion).
  • The tips of my fingernails grow out white, like I always have a perfect french manicure. I don't have any idea why or how this happens, it just does.
  • I have a very unique birthmark on my neck. I hated it when I was a kid. Nate has a smaller one in the exact same place on his neck. Kind of seems meant to be, huh?
  • I can wiggle my ears.
  • I tend to speak my mind. I will always give you my honest opinion if you ask for it. (But I'm not much for giving unsolicited advice - that's just rude.)
  • I spell check every post. Nine times out of ten there isn't a single error. I'm oddly proud of this fact. (Sad but true, folks. Sad but true.)
Since I don't have the time nor the inclination to list 15 blogs between the two awards, I'm just going to list a handful of new ones I've discovered recently.

Little April Rose - B is very pregnant with a beautiful baby girl, April Rose. April has some complications and may not live outside the womb. B is already an amazing mama and April is lucky to have her.

I'm Living Proof - Helene has not one but two sets of twins. Her adventures in multiple baby juggling are hilarious.

OMG! We're Pregnant
- I can't remember how I happened upon this unexpectedly expectant duo, but these two are too freaking funny. And they're European, so they say cute stuff like mates, wags and arse. Love it!

___________________________________________

Last but not least, I have not forgotten about the giveaway. I just haven't had a moment to enter you all into Random.org and answer your burning questions. This weekend, I promise!

3 comments:

"Cookie" said...

I want to know how the "boot camp" goes!! There is something similar like that around here and I wondered about it. Keep us updated!! Aren't you going home soon to see the family? I know you are excited.

Jules said...

Congrats on the awards! You deserve them. You're so lucky that you're nails grow out white and that is kinda cool about the whole birthmark thing :)

Helene said...

Thanks for the award!! I love it!!

I'm the same way with my spelling...and there are rarely any errors. How cool that your fingernails always look like you have a French manicure!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails