Monday, March 30, 2009

Sparkle on


Many thanks to Nessa from Sparkles of Serendipity for passing on the Kreativ Blogger award to me. Nessa always finds the funniest, cutest stuff like this Mr. Rogers tee which inspired my own little Mr. Rogers moment the other day.

The Rules:
As an award recipient, I must do the following:
List seven things that I love and then pass the award on to seven bloggers that I love!

Easy peasy, cause I love a lot of stuff! So let's skip the obvious (God, family, Starbucks, shopping) and get to the stuff you might not already know.

1. Prague
Nate and I went there for a few days during our junior year of college. I thought it was going to be the crappiest place out of the 20 European cities we visited but it actually turned out to be my favorite. I would love to go back some day.

{image via guide-prague}

2. Organizing
I can spend hours organizing desks, closets, clothes, the pantry, whatever. I love for things to be neat and tidy and organized. I spent a recent Sunday reorganizing my closet, including hanging my scarves by one of my favorite organizing methods - ROY G BIV. Sad, but true.


3. Wine
Specifically Schmitt Sohne. I tried it once on the recommendation of a waitress and it has become my favorite of all time.

{image via locowine.com}

4. South Carolina

{image via printfection}

There's nothing quite like going home to the South - seeing that palmetto tree on every flat surface, waving hello to perfect strangers, monograms and polka dots on every girl, black eyed peas and corn bread for dinner. Don't you just love the way the word 'y'all' rolls around in your mouth? Sigh. I love South Carolina.

5. Scrapbooking
I've been doing it for years, way before it was popular. I love memories and reminiscing. I also like my pictures to be organized (see #2).

6. My Garmin, Gigi
The best $300 I ever spent. I am severely directionally challenge. As in, my parents have lived in my hometown since I was 16 (and also from 10-14) and I still get lost on a regular basis. It's pathetic really. But Gigi makes me brave. I can go anywhere and do anything as long as she's with me.


{image via gpslodge.com}

7. My grandparents


I am blessed to have one set still in my life. As a kid, they spoiled me rotten. As an adult, they have become my friends. They're just really cool people. Love you guys!

Let's see, I will tag:
  • Jennifer - She's a new blog friend and I want to get to know her better.
  • Cole - Well, I was going to tag her but someone else beat me to it. Check her out anyway!
  • Mrs. Realife - Eats her pets, sort of. If you want to know the whole story, you'll just have to visit her.
  • Mrs. Jetplane - She always has the cutest puggie pictures. And we all know I'm a sucker for a cute puppy face.
  • Andrea - She and I would totally be friends in real life. She loves shopping, doggies, Starbucks and South Carolina - now who does that sound like?
  • Miss Musing - This chic always sees the glass as half full. I thought I was a positive person but this girl puts me to shame.
  • Puttin' on the GRITS - Another Southern gal. 'We don't become Southern; we're born that way.' Love it!

6 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

what a genius idea for scarves! i'm so totally on that tomorrow. and I love, love, love that reisling. I have some in the kitchen!

thanks for the award. you are super sweet!

Mrs. Realife said...

You are awesome! I LOVE what you did with the scarves! Would you believe me if I told you JUST this weekend I had a whole bunch of those and thought to myself "Huh. What do you do with these... seems like a waste to throw them away! I'm STEALING YOUR IDEA!

Thanks so much for the blog love !!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award :)

Navigation isn't my strong suite either, and I'm pretty sure I'd be driving around in circles most of the time if not for my GPS :)

Vintage Romance Style said...

Love your blog! I love being organized but never have the time to keep it up!

Sarah said...

Oh I love Garmin! It is the only reason I made it to North Dakota in one piece! Too bad we lost it in the storm on the way up. =[

MoodyMommy said...

Wow, I need to learn some more of your niffty ideas!! So cool!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails