Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dear Sister

{image vie someecards.com}

Today is my middle younger sister's 20th birthday. It seems crazy to me that she can be starting a whole decade already. Somehow 20 seems like a pretty darn big deal. What happened to that sweet little gap-toothed kid?

She called me yesterday, to see how my first day as an unemployed gal was going. Apparently she didn't get the family memo that my last day had been pushed out, but that's not the point. I got off the phone, marveling at what an incredible adult that kid has turned out to be. {I'm getting all misty-eyed just thinking about it.} She's beautiful and generous and pretty damn funny. She's just a cool person to be around. I am blessed to have her not only as a sister but now as a friend. Cliche? Yes. True? Absolutely.



Happy birthday, Amy Grace!


So, in honor of Amy's birthday (for those of you who know her in real life, of course), leave me a comment sharing your funniest or favorite memory of Amy. This will embarrass her big time and teach her to read her big sister's blog more than once a week....HA!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Amy!!

Katie said...

Haha, my favorite memory of Amy...let's just say it this way..."Mom, I'm just givin' my baby a baaa-ath."

Becca said...

My memories of Amy are from when she was just a baby. Not having any sisters of my own, I remember I loved playing with her when at the Langer house- she was an adorable and sweet little girl- and she has become a beautiful young woman! Gosh, I feel old!

God Rocks said...

Boiling 20 years down to just one memory would be impossible. Amy Grace lives up to her name - Beloved BY all; Full of Grace TOWARDS all. She is a child of God and a child of her father, who loves her very , very much

Related Posts with Thumbnails