Sunday, September 28, 2008

Nobody's fool


I ran across this article in the Indianapolis Star today and was struck by just how ridiculous this election has become.

Biden's errors were pretty big ones, but how many Americans could name the presidents in order or tell you what year the television was invented? Sadly, not many. But everyone makes mistakes. Obama, McCain and Palin have all grossly misstated facts whether intentionally or unintentionally, and all have taken their turn at the whipping post for them. But at what point did simply admitting you were wrong become political suicide? Everyone does it, especially in the heat of the moment. Why not just admit it - 'I was wrong, I misspoke, I'm sorry'? Or even better, show us you can laugh at yourself - 'Guess I need to brush up on my American history!'? Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?

Instead of taking the high road, Biden's mouthpiece used his mistake as an opportunity to insult McCain yet again, this time for knowing who was president during the last economic crisis. Seriously?! That's the best you can do?

Regardless of your political affiliation, haven't you lost respect for these men who can't simply admit they made a mistake or perhaps misspoke? I, for one, am tired of this election and the ridiculousness that goes with it. Everyone knows these men (and woman) aren't perfect so why are they pretending that they are? Who do they think they are fooling?

1 comment:

Leah said...

I am getting really sick of the election too. It's just beyond ridiculous at this point. And I'm pretty active in some of our local political groups but I don't think I can stomach it anymore. I was really enthusiastic for a while, but after watching Fox News obsessively for a few weeks, I am totally burned out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails