Thursday, August 21, 2008

I told you so

Don't you just love being right? On the way out to the house last night, I mentioned that I hoped the house wouldn't be locked when we got there. With all the fixtures going in, we knew they would start locking it up soon. Nate was certain that we would have no problem, because the house down the street is two weeks ahead of us and it wasn't locked last week (we might have snuck in one night to take a look around!). So what happens when we roll up and try the front door? Totally LOCKED!!! Nate thought I was just messing around, but sure enough, the front door was locked. Told you so.

As much as I love being right, I'm not really sure why they locked the door since we just pulled up the garage door and walked right in. Once again, there were a ton of changes in just a few days time.

The outside of the house itself is basically done. The siding, shutters and carriage lights all went on this week. It turned out even better than we expected! It looks awesome when you turn the corner and see it sitting at the end of the cul-de-sac. I can't wait to see it with a driveway and lawn.


I think we made a good choice on the musket shutters with this brick. The door will eventually be musket brown too.


I am not a big fan of these gold carriage lights. We will be replacing these as soon as I found better ones!


The doorbell is installed and working. Nate hates when I make him take pictures like this. Just one more reason to take pictures like this! LOL


We were pleasantly surprised to discover that we now have power!! You can actually flip a light switch and have the lights turn on now. This is a very good thing since the days are getting shorter and we seem to be getting out there later and later each week.

The can lights, chandeliers and other light fixtures are installed all through the house. Nate went through every room with can lights and admired his lights.


A few other highlights from our visit: the powder bathroom fixtures were installed, the laundry room sink and kitchen sink were installed and the trim has been primed for painting. There are more pics of our visit posted on flickr.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh my goodness, it is absolutely beautiful!! It has been fun seeing the progress along the way, and will be even better when it's all done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails