Saturday, April 4, 2009

The tax man cometh

Every year on January 1st I promise myself that I will get our taxes done the minute we have both our W-2's. And every year it's somehow April 1st before I get around to even thinking about it.

Guess what is sitting on the desk in front of me, staring ever so rudely while I try to read blogs, check email, procrastinate as long as humanly possible and catch up on Facebook? Stupid W-2's.

This is the first year since we've been married that I am going to attempt to do them on my own. Every other year we've had some reason or another to pay someone else to just do it for us. I tried that this year, but the guy at H&R Block kind of skeeved me out and honestly, I'm a little bit embarrassed to even call last year's guy so late in the tax season. Surely this can't be too hard, right?

At this point, I think I'd prefer this to spending the next two hours trying to figure out if I should subtract Line 452.b.ii from Line 987.g.vii, or was that Line 987.d.iii?


{image via active rain}

7 comments:

Jules said...

Just wanted to say hello and that I love your blog! I found it through Andrea's blog.

This is the longest I have ever waited and we still have to do our taxes too. I think I'm going to cave and just run to H&R Block. Good luck with getting your taxes done too!

Cole said...

Hahaha! I just caved and did my taxes a few days ago. Ugh! I prefer not to think about it until my pretty refund check comes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Girly you are not alone!

I put it off too.. Drives the hubs bananas!

Good luck to you!

Visiting from SITS

KT said...

It can't be any worse than my having to turn in my statement showing my $.07 interest on my savings account to our accountant. Thank God no one expects me to have my act together!

Jennifer said...

Our taxes have been done since the beginning of Feburary, ut not by my choosing.

Big movitator...FASFA due March 10th!!! In the middle of Husband's testing blocks!!

I flip out every year because I'm so worried that I'm not going to get them done in time and we won't be able to pay for Husband's school!

Good luck with your taxes!

"Cookie" said...

I'm the same way.... we just had our taxes done last week. Two years ago I COMPLETELY forgot. Our accoutant called us on April 13th to remind me. HA HA!!! So at least you're not that bad...there are worse out there. :)

Leah said...

I finally finished ours on Friday. It was annoying with all of the itemized deductions and with all the independent contracting I did this year. I used Turbo Tax because there was no way I was going to try to figure out all of those forms myself!

Related Posts with Thumbnails