Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That's Disgusting... (Or How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Evening)

Scene: A perfectly cozy night at home. Me, reading a book on the couch. Nate, playing video game.

Suddenly, Nate looks up from video game -

Nate (excitedly):
Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you this when I got home!

Me (curiously, expecting an engagement or baby announcement; possibly a promotion/raise or other news which would account for his level of excitement): What?

Nate: Today on the way home from work, this fox came flying out of the woods and smashed into the car in front of me! It got totally obliterated!

Me: Stunned silence *crickets chirping*

Nate (noticing that maybe I don't think this is a good story):
Well, I'm sure he died on impact.

________________________________________________

WTH?! Since when in our nine year history have you known me to enjoy stories of furry woodland creature deaths? Um, that would be never. I practically tear up at the sight of roadkill.

Thank you, darling husband, for ruining our perfectly cozy evening with your vivid story of death and obliteration.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Awww! That is sad! I would have been upset if John had told me that story... and that is totally something he would do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails