Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shh! Don't Tell!


Well, after a total of eight hours Christmas shopping over the last two days, I am happy to say I have found my missing Christmas spirit. Apparently it was at the mall!

I found nearly everything on my list, plus a few things for myself. What's that? It's Christmas and I'm not supposed to be buying things for myself? Well, who made up that silly rule? Who can resist the amazing deals desperate retailers are putting out there, especially when you have coupons on top of the sales?

Like this dress at New York & Company for $6?


And this adorable sleep mask from Bath & Body Works for $4? (Yes, I do wear a sleep mask every night. Don't knock it til you've tried it!)


I also finally found navy blue tights at Old Navy. Well, navy-ish. They're not true navy but they'll work for the dress that I need them for.

Really when you add it all up, I spent maybe $25 on myself today, so that's not so bad. I'm afraid to add up what I spent on others - that number isn't going to be nearly as pretty! But once I finally found my Christmas mojo, I found it hard to stop. I love giving gifts and I love my family, so giving gifts to my family is especially fun!

Now for anyone who might still be shopping for me, here is what I managed NOT to purchase for myself today. (Truth be told, it's only because they didn't have my size!)

After weeks of waiting, these booties are finally on sale.


And while admiring those booties, I ran across these online too. Sigh. Almost makes the snow tolerable if I get to wear these every day.



Okay, enough lusting over my 77th and 78th pair of shoes (it's not a matter of if, but when). I am off to wrap the mountain of gifts waiting upstairs. I don't what is better - buying them, wrapping them or actually giving them? I love all of it!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails