Saturday, August 21, 2010

A scoop of chaos with a side of nuts

Cole from over at All the Small Stuff must have known I've been lacking in the blogging inspiration department lately, so she dropped some inspiration right in my lap in the form of two awards! One for today and one for later this week (you know, because I'm lazy like that).

I love the idea of 'A Daily Scoop of Chaos' - that's exactly how I feel like my life is right now! It was a roller coaster of a crazy emotional week over here. Nothing earth shattering, just a whole lot of random insanity that we were not quite prepared for. Add in the regular HOA drama and a really crummy project at work and we had a whole freaking ice cream SUNDAE worth of chaos.


What is your signature color?
Hmmm...this one is a toughie. If I'm getting dressed, I will always reach for black as my signature 'look'. If I'm decorating, it's anything in the autumnal color family. If we're talking about the color I gravitate towards like a magpie to shiny objects? That would orange, of course!

What is your most embarrassing moment?
Oh, so many to choose from, how will I ever narrow it down to one? Embarrassing stuff happens to me all the time, ya'll. Not even kidding.

My mom reminded me of this one the other day: I was 15 years old, we were living on the tropical island of Guam, and I had a babysitting job for a new family I'd not met before. As I knock on their front door for the very first time, a giant gecko (you know, like the Geico commercial?) falls from the roof of their house, straight onto my head. I, of course, start shrieking like any girl worth her soprano lungs and batting crazily at my head in an attempt to free the lizard from my hair. And just in time to see my manic fit, the mom opens the door, with the dad standing right behind her.

Hi, guys, I'm here to care for your children. So lovely to meet you.

Would you ever get anything pierced other than your ears. If so, what?
Considering I barely survived the panic attack when I got the second hole in my ears at age 12, I highly doubt it.

Are you a social butterfly or a homebody?
I am naturally very shy in large groups. Most people are shocked to hear this because I tend to speak my mind most of the time. But that's only to people I know. Although I must say, unemployment was good for one thing - it forced me to learn how to network despite my natural proclivity toward being a wallflower.

I love nothing more than staying home in my jammies with my hubby and my puppies, a great glass of wine and a good read.

Are you done having babies or do you want more?
I used to want five babies, but given our current difficulties, I've down-scaled that to three. Nate is holding steady at two. We'll see.

Are you loyal to your hairstylist or do you try every salon in town?
I've written about my allegiance to hairstylists before. I'm sad to say I've still not found someone I'm crazy about here in Indy. Luckily, I'm doing the growing out thing right now so it's more about maintaining health than maintaining a style. When I eventually grow tired of it and chop it again, chances are I'll be headed to K-town to do it. Sad, but true.

How many times have you moved in your life?
Oh my word. I don't know if I could count them all. Let's try:
Florida to Georgia at age 2
Georgia to Virginia at age 7
Virginia to South Carolina at age 10
South Carolina to Guam at age 14
Guam back to South Carolina at age 16
Sumter, SC to Due West for college x 4 years of college (which, if you think about it, is really EIGHT moves - 4 in and 4 out!)
Sumter, SC to Knoxville when we got married at age 22
Knoxville to Boston for six months at age 26
Boston to Indianapolis apartment
Indianapolis apartment to our first house at age 27

If you could plan your vacation with just you and your love where would it be?
We have so many places we'd like to go. Too bad that pesky job thing keeps getting in the way! We'd love to go back to Europe and see the places we missed the first time - Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain and Italy. We want to hit Australia for at least two weeks. I'm dying to go to Turks and Caicos someday.

Your turn! If you could vacation anywhere in the world, with anyone you chose, where would you go and with whom?

2 comments:

Cole said...

You lived in Guam?!?! How cool!

Sarah Wyland said...

Wow! You've lived all over the place!

I'd vacation in French Polynesia - Tahiti, Bora Bora... Yes! I'd either take someone special or my best friends, depending on what kind of trip I was looking to have. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails