Monday, June 21, 2010

Quotables

{image found here}

I was at the nail salon today getting a much needed pedicure with a girlfriend, chatting merrily away, oblivious to those on either side of us. I was telling her about how I finally wore down talked Nate into letting me hire Merry Maids to clean the house every other week. To which she naturally replied, in complete mock jealousy: Boo, you whore!

At which point we suddenly became aware of the lady to my right - who literally clucked her tongue and shook her head in dismay.

Clearly, she has never seen Mean Girls. Poor thing.

Which got me thinking about all the movie lines I quote on a daily basis, without even thinking about it.

Gopher hole! - Homeward Bound
That's gonna leave a mark. - Tommy Boy
Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? - Rush Hour
What we've got here is a failure to communicate. - Cool Hand Luke
There's no crying in baseball. - A League of Their Own
This one time, at band camp... - American Pie
I'm gonna run a train on some chicken wings. - Role Models
Missed it by that much. - Get Smart

and of course,

Boo, you whore! - Mean Girls

I'm sure there are tons that I am forgetting because I know I do this all the time without even thinking about it. And that's not even counting all the TELEVISION show lines! That's a whole other post worth.

What movie quotes do use on a daily basis? Do tell!

8 comments:

Katie said...

"You're killin' me, Smalls"...The Sandlot

"Why so serious?"...The Dark Knight

"Biotch, I don't know your life!"...Baby Mama

haha I'm sure there are a ton more...you named some of my faves already!

Dave Langer said...

Man! You guys took all the funny ones! of course, there's:

"Geez, I'm an idiot" and "Holy Shnikees!" from Tommy Boy.

Mercy Triumphs said...

"Don'ta stompa youra leetle lasta season prada shoes at me hawney" said with strong latin accent... Legally Blond.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

"A touch of the ra-tard" from Hangover.

We've been using this for months.

Katie said...

haha Tommy Boy is ripe with good ones! Without fail, everytime I knock on a door, I silently (and sometimed outloud!) say, "Haus-kee-ping, you want meent for peee-low??" accent and all!

Katie said...

or how about "WHAT'D YOU DO?" hhhaahahhahahaha

or "I think your brain has a thick candy shell..."

"Listen up, you little spaziods. I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep..." (there's more but that's the part I like to quote)

"two, four, niner..." (used with any number I don't know...i just throw a 'niner' in there for kicks and giggles)

"That was....awesome!"

"are you talking?" or "shut up, Richard" (depending on if I'm the know-it-all or the moron in a particular conversation...)

I'm dying to use this one but never will! Haha but it makes me think twice before asking if I look fat in something... "Does this suit make me look fat?" "No, your face does." horrible, but hilarious!

"Hi, I'm earth. Have we met?"

Sara said...

Dad - I say 'Geez I'm an idiot' all the time - totally forgot that came from Tommy Boy. Man, I love that movie!

Katie - Your TB list is awesome. I almost put the Housekeeping one on my list but I mostly just say it to myself in my head! HA!

Mom - I laughed out loud in the closet when I read your line this morning! I need to put that one in my rotation. So many times I could use that one!

Jennifer - I LOVE The Hangover. Such a freaking hilarious movie!

Mercy Triumphs said...

Way to go Katie with the TB quotes! Love em. I need to watch that movie again!
How about "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" from the Wizard of Oz!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails