Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crack is whack


I am being held hostage by the World Cup.

Okay, well maybe not me, but at the very least, our TV is on constant black-and-white ball surveillance duty. All day Saturday, all day Sunday, and for at least two hours every evening, for the last two weeks - with weeks more to go.

So of course it's on in the background the other night as I'm getting dinner ready. The vuvuzelas are out in full force. Like a swarm of annoying flies. That never, ever stops. For ninety minutes. Seriously, I am all for rooting on your team. I'll scream my lungs out at a Vol football game. You know, at the exciting parts - a first down, a touchdown, a really spectacular stop. But not for an entire game without ever stopping. These South Africans must have a ridiculous lung capacity.

But then again, if they waited around to only blow when something interesting happened in a game of soccer, I guess they'd be a sad, sorry, quiet bunch....HA!

So I'm doing my best to make dinner while resisting the urge to swat at imaginary gnats that seem to be swarming literally in my ears, when:

Nate: You know you can buy vuvuzelas on the internet.

Sara: And your point would be?

Nate: You should get me one.

Sara: I'm thinking, no.

Nate: Why not?

Sara: Are you smoking crack? Have you met yourself? You're like a 12-year-old trapped in a 29-year-old body. If you had one of those things, you'd never stop blowing it, probably right in my face.

Nate: I know. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Sara: Yeah. Awesome. That's exactly the word that comes to mind.

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, that conversation was the best. I hate those things! But I'm loving the world cup!

yours truly, melissa said...

So Chef has a vuvuzelas app on his iPhone. Yes, it's completely annoying.

Cole said...

Stay strong. DO NOT buy hubby the vuvuzela! :-)

Jennifer said...

Well don't let him find out that there is an app out there for the iPhone that will play the sound. At.any.volume! The Husband put it right in my ear as soon as he had it!

Kriste said...

Nate and Matt are long lost brothers... I just know it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails