Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table


Anyone who's read around here for any length of time knows that I am addicted to coffee in any shape or form. Liquid, chocolate, brownie, shake - if it's got espresso in it, I'll take two!

So when I ran across this recipe in People magazine, I ripped it right out! Espresso? Cake? Microwave? 150 calories? I might have died and gone to Heaven. Care to join me?

____________________

Espresso Cake in a Mug
via Hungry Girl

Ingredients:
1 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbs devil's food cake mix
1 tbs fat-free sour cream
1 tbs fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 no-cal sweetener packet

Instructions:
1. Place coffee and chips in microwave-safe mug sprayed with nonstick spray.
2. Add other ingredients on top and mix well.
3. Microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds.
4. Cool slightly before eating.

3 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

have you tried it? sounds good!

Cole said...

Someone forwarded me this recipe recently. I'm dying to try it!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Oh I'll have to save this so I can try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails