Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table


I know you guys were heartbroken when I didn't participate last week, but have no fear, I am back, tastier and easier than ever!

I love desserts but guess what? I hate to bake! Shocking, I know. This dessert is so easy, it barely qualifies as 'baking'. You don't even need a mixing bowl. But hey, if I have to punch the buttons on the oven, I call that baking.

______________________________________________

Cherry Pineapple Crunch

Ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix
1 can cherry pie mix
1 can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
1 stick butter or margarine

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375. Use a 9x13 pan but no need to grease it.
2. Drain the crushed pineapple and pour into pan.
3. Pour the cherry pie filling in with the pineapple and mix to them together.
4. Spread the mixture evenly in bottom of the pan.
5. Layer the dry cake mix on top of the fruit.
6. Thinly slice the butter and place in a grid over the top of the dry cake mix. I cover the entire thing with little tiny squares.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Seriously, this stuff is ridiculously good. I made it for small group once and it was wiped out in a matter of minutes. That happens every time.

I'd source it if I could, but I have no idea where the recipe came from. It came handwritten in a recipe book I received as a gift.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails