Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Nerd Center

On Saturday we went to see The Dark Knight. It was one of the best movies I have seen recently. I know a lot of you who read this haven't seen it yet so I won't spoil it by doing a whole review, but it totally lives up to all the hype from recent months. Heath Ledger is down right maniacal and I hope he is at least nominated for an Oscar for this performance. On a side note, if Katie Holmes is smart, she's kicking herself for having turned down this movie.

After the movie we went to check out the house. The whole roof is on and the shingles are sitting up there waiting to be put down on Monday. They have already installed the 'guts' of the fireplace and started the HVAC and insulation. We should get electricity and plumbing roughed in this week. Cameron said he expects drywall to start going up in about a week. We have been told that drywall takes about 10 days is the most boring part, so we will be glad to miss most of it while we are on vacation.

This is the view of our house when you turn onto our street. Pretty nice!!

All of the windows and the exterior doors are in.

The fireplace is hooked up. I cannot wait to use the fireplace this winter!!

The guest bathroom tub is sitting in the living room.

The framework for the garden tub in the master bath has been put in. Another thing I am looking forward to using!!


Today we dropped the puppies off at the groomers and then went to not one but TWO libraries, or as Nate like to call it, the Nerd Center. Nate has officially become a library Nerd. When his parents were here for the Fourth, his dad and I were talking about a book series that we both like to read (the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child) and it was suggested that Nate might like it since it's a little Bond-ish. Nate, of course, scoffed at the notion that he might like ANYTHING that I read. But lo and behold, last week he asks if I have one of those books his dad was talking about. He took it with him on his business trip and then read most of yesterday afternoon until he finished it. He tried to oh-so-casually ask if I might have another book (like I wasn't going to notice that he TOTALLY LIKES A BOOK THAT I RECOMMENDED). Sadly, I don't because I borrow all of my books from the Nerd Center for which he teases me mercilessly. So today we were off to the Nerd Center to find Nate a book. But not just any book, it must be the first book in the series , which of course has already been checked out. I tried explaining that the books are all stand-alone and they don't have to be read in order, but to no avail. He simply must have the FIRST book and that is all there is to it. So we are off to the library in Noblesville to see if they have it. Again, he is disappointed I finally convince him that one of the other books will be just as good and I promise to put a hold on the first book for him. Nate has officially become a card-carrying NERD who borrows books from the library. (Please feel free to make fun of him the next time you see him).

Only seven more days until VACATION in JAMAICA. We just found out today that our friends are on the same flight from Charlotte to Jamaica, so we get to start the party even earlier than we thought!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Funny! Nate is a card carrying Nerd Center attendee!! Love the way the house is coming along! Love that you are letting us share in the excitement!!! :)

Unknown said...

LOL Funny! So Nate is a card carrying Nerd Center attendee!! :) Love the way the house is coming along and I love that you are letting us share in your excitement!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails