Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book Worm

Many weekends, you can find the Mister and I parked on opposite ends of the couch. He with a video game controller and I with a book or magazine in hand. While this may not be everyone's idea of 'romantic quality time', it works for us. The way I look at it, we're in the same room, on the same piece of furniture, both doing what we enjoy most. That's quality time, right?

Sadly, when I started working in an office again (and commuting an hour each way!), my reading time was one of the first casualties. I normally average a book per week, but as you can tell by my 2009 reading list, I only made it through 41 books this year. My 'To Read' list for 2010 is already a mile long, but luckily with my new Sony e-Reader (a Christmas gift from my darling hubby), I never have to be without a book again! It's so small and light, it slips right into my purse for convenient reading anytime. Here's to making it to 52 books again this year!

Sara's 2009 Bookshelf
*Please note that I never claimed this was worthwhile reading. To me, the entire point of reading fiction is to escape the real world. Yes, I do occasionally read books with lasting meaning, but those are few and far between. Feel free to judge me, I don't care.

Barbara Delinksy, While My Sister Sleeps
Candace Bushnell, One Fifth Avenue
David Baldacci, Total Control
David Kinnaman, UnChristian
Harlan Coben, One Final Detail
Harlan Coben, Long Lost
Heather Gudenkauf, The Weight of Silence
James Nicodem, Prayer Coach
James Patterson, Alex Cross's Trial
James Patterson, Honeymoon
James Patterson, Double Cross
James Patterson, Kiss the Girls
James Patterson, The Big Bad Wolf
James Patterson, The 8th Confession
James Patterson, Cross Country
Jodi Picoult, Handle with Care
Jodi Picoult, Picture Perfect
John Grisham, The Associate
John Grisham, The Testament
John LesCroart, The Second Chair
Kim Edwards, The Memory Keeper's Daughter
Laura Lippman, Life Sentences
Lee Child, Gone Tomorrow
Lee Child, Die Trying
Lee Child, Running Blind
Lincoln Child, Death Match
Lisa Gardner, Gone
Lisa Scottoline, Look Again
Lisa Unger, Die For You
Michael Connelly, A Darkness More than Night
Michael Connelly, The Poet
Michael Connelly, 9 Dragons
Michael Connelly, The Brass Verdict
Michael Connelly, The Closers
Michael Connelly, The Last Coyote
Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song
Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One
Tori Spelling, Mommywood
Tori Spelling, sTori Telling
Whitney Gaskell, She Myself and I

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

We've read a lot of the same books! Good choices!

amycornwell said...

Holy cow - 41 books? That's amazing! Have you tried any of Kristin Billerbeck's books? I think you'd like them. They're chick-lit books. Her Trophy Wives Club books are great and so is the Ashley Stockingdale series. She's hilarious.

Sarah said...

I envy the amount of books you've read. And I'm a bit impressed too. =] Oh, and I completely agree- fiction was created to escape the real world and it is my ultimate escape.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a contented evening at our house as well. I would definitely call it quality time. it doesn't even bother me that the Husband is playing video games. Do you keep an on-line bookshelf?

Kristen said...

Handle With Care is INCREDIBLY depressing (even though well-written). I was super down after finishing it AND while reading it, I was constantly hovering around my daughter, thanking my luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails