Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get your recycle on



What's better than getting something on sale? Getting it FREE!!

A few weeks ago I read about a website called freecycle.org. Their mission is to build a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on our landfills while enabling members to benefit from the strength of a larger community. Basically it's a bunch of people in your area that are giving stuff away for FREE (and helping the environment too!). Go to the website, search for city and join! You can sign up for daily emails or just check the blog regularly to see what people are giving away.

The really good stuff goes fast so you have to be patient. I've seen weight benches, bikes, computers, furniture, etc listed on my local site. When an item you want is posted, you reply back to the poster that you would like it and when you are available to pick it up. The 'winner' is up to the poster (some people take first response, others do first available to pick up). I've replied on a couple of things, and today I finally 'won' something! I went to pick up my new, gently used Christmas tree a little while ago. I've always wanted to have a second tree that I could decorate with white lights and matching ornaments and now I have it. For FREE!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails